5 Tips to Save Your Visionadmin
- Wear sunglasses – Sunglasses help delay the development of cataracts and prevent retinal damage. They also protect the skin around the eyes. Make sure your sunglasses block 100 percent of UVA and UVB rays.
- Don’t smoke – Studies show that current smokers and ex-smokers are more likely to develop age-related macular degeneration (AMD) than people who have never smoked….Eat right – A variety of vegetables should be an important part of your diet.
- Researchers have found people on diets with higher levels of vitamins C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, and omega-3 fatty acids are less likely to develop AMD.
- Get an eye exam – Eye doctors can detect over 40 systemic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, MS and lung diseases.
- Wear eye protection – An estimated 2.5 million eye injuries occur in the U.S. each year. Most of them occur during sports, gardening, home repairs and cleaning.